Lambda DNA extraction protocol

Wed Dec 4 12:54:00 EST 1996

At 01:33 PM 12/3/96 -0800, Lee, Sun wrote:

>Would anyone like to introduce me a really simple way for this?  Most of
>published methods that were armed with 'easy' ,  'simple' ....   were
>actually not like that.    Looking for in -hand method that really works.
>
>Thanks,
>
>LEE

Lee,
        Even the simplest of protocols are as good as the worker. I have never had any problem with the liq. cultures or plate lysate methods detailed in Maniatis's manual. I have consistently obtained good to excellent yields of phage DNA amenable to restriction digests. In particular, two to four 90mm plates (for plate lysate method) gives me enough DNA to carry out several manipulations. If you have problems it is easier to ask about specific steps in the protocol(s) for clarifications.

Hiranya.

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
New Mexico State University