How to measure total protein conc. of cultured-cell lysate?

Mohamed BaSalamah mbasal at med.unc.edu
Wed Dec 4 12:17:37 EST 1996

Hi

I'd appreciate all help in solving the following problem.

I want to ensure equal loading of two different cell lines-cell lysates
for western analysis. That's why I want to have total protein conc.

  The media for these cells contain phenol red.
  The lysis is done using 2% SDS.
  The protein of interest is likely to be glycosylated.

If someone who has done this type of thing would share with me his/her
protocol, or point out critical parameters that I might've been over
looking, I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Mohammed BaSalamah
Grad. Student