Lysis of bacteria in maxi prep.

vilimf01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu vilimf01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu
Wed Dec 4 21:46:25 EST 1996

I've seen this problem in the past.  In my case, I found that it
wasn't E-coli I was growing up, but som unknown, unlysable organism.
The tipoff is, is the pellet orange-yellowish, or white?  If its white
and it doesn't lyse, start again with a new transformation and avoid
the colonies which aren't the right color (this worked for me).
  Hope this helps.

					Regards			SVEN