Cocktail sticks and toothpicks supplier

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Thu Dec 5 11:33:15 EST 1996

Paul N Hengen (pnh at ncifcrf.gov) wrote:

: Are these known not to inhibit the PCR? Pine toothpicks were
: found to kill amplification of DNA by Taq.

Oops! I looked back at the article and found that all wooden toothpicks
in the US are made from white birch trees. Sorry about that :-)
Does anyone have a plasmid template, primers, and PCR mix that they
know is inhibited by wooden toothpicks? Do you still have the box
of toothpicks that will inhibit PCR? If you're willing to try a few
things and invest a few gels, I have some ideas.