FK506 calcineurin inhibitor

Toumy Guettouche tguettou at newssun
Thu Dec 5 22:03:41 EST 1996

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Van Wuytswinkel Olivier wrote:

> Hi everybody !
> Well, I have got a little problem to find a company that sells the FK506
> calcineurin inhibitor. I want to use it on yeast cells. I know that this
> chemical is also used in medecine in connection with organ
> transplantation. So I guess that I could find a pharmaceutical company
> that produce FK506 to order it, but no way.
> Does anybody can help me?
> Maybe do you know the name of another chemical that inhibits calcineurin
> and that can be easily ordered.
> Thank you for your help.
Hi Olivier,

unfortunately you are looking for an extremely hard to get expensive drug.
the company that sells it is called Fujisawa(yes, they are Japanese). They 
are quite uncooperative in sharing this drug with us poor researchers.
So, if you really need it, beg some Doctor in a local transplant facility 
for an aliquot or ask s.o. who uses it already (check Medline).
The other drug that inhibits calcineurin is called Cyclosporin A and is 
sold by Sandoz. The same as above applies here too, however it is a 
little easier to get.
Since calcineurin is calcium dependent  you could try EGTA or any other 
calcium chelator.



More information about the Methods mailing list