Cocktail sticks and toothpicks supplier

Richard P Grant rgrant at worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 6 08:59:55 EST 1996

David Micklem (drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk) wrote:

} >>>>Anyone out there (preferably UK) recommend a good supplier of cocktail
} >>>>sticks? Safeway's...Sainsbury's..Tesco's...don't want to pay mega bucks
} >>>>for  FPLC purified ones shipped on dry ice!
} >
} >Here's a UK response:
} >
} >Woolworths sells 100 cocktail sticks for 59p, they are tested for colony
} >picking and pcr - by me ;).  I believe that cocktail sticks (i.e. for food
} >use) are NOT impregnated with disinfectant, although toothpicks (for exactly
} >that!) may well be.
} >
} Another UK response....

} I've not had any problem with either colony picking or PCR using toothpicks
} from the local chemists (=pharmacists/drugstore).  They're very cheap, and
} personally I prefer them to cocktail sticks which I find too sharp. YMMV.

Another UK response - I buy them from a local leisure centre.  Work fine
for me!

--
Richard P. Grant                   University of Oxford
Nuffield Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology      FFPGP