Cocktail sticks and toothpicks supplier

David Micklem drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 6 08:35:11 EST 1996

>Here's a UK response:
>
>Woolworths sells 100 cocktail sticks for 59p, they are tested for colony
>picking and pcr - by me ;).  I believe that cocktail sticks (i.e. for food
>use) are NOT impregnated with disinfectant, although toothpicks (for exactly
>that!) may well be.

Another UK response....

I've not had any problem with either colony picking or PCR using toothpicks
from the local chemists (=pharmacists/drugstore).  They're very cheap, and
personally I prefer them to cocktail sticks which I find too sharp. YMMV.

The inner pack is plain white, so I can't give you the manufacturers name
off-hand.  If you want to know, give me an Email and I'll check in the
shop....

David

D.R.Micklem,
Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR             Fruit flies like a banana.
UK
Tel: [+44] (0)1223 334129     Email:drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fax: [+44] (0)1223 334089