Cocktail sticks and toothpicks supplier

David Winterbourne sghk100 at
Fri Dec 6 08:20:03 EST 1996

In article <E1w9r7.7on at>, Harry Witchel says...

>cocktail sticks are generally impregnated with disinfectant for hygienic
>purposes.  The best cocktail sticks for the lab are Canadian virgin wood.

>>>Anyone out there (preferably UK) recommend a good supplier of cocktail
>>>sticks? Safeway's...Sainsbury's..Tesco's...don't want to pay mega bucks
>>>for  FPLC purified ones shipped on dry ice!

Here's a UK response:

Woolworths sells 100 cocktail sticks for 59p, they are tested for colony
picking and pcr - by me ;).  I believe that cocktail sticks (i.e. for food
use) are NOT impregnated with disinfectant, although toothpicks (for exactly
that!) may well be.

Dr. David Winterbourne
Department of Surgery
St George's Hospital Medical School, London SW17 0RE, England
Tel: 0181-725-5581   Fax: 0181-725-3594