Cocktail sticks and toothpicks supplier

David Winterbourne sghk100 at sghms.ac.uk
Fri Dec 6 08:20:03 EST 1996

In article <E1w9r7.7on at fsa.bris.ac.uk>, Harry Witchel says...

>cocktail sticks are generally impregnated with disinfectant for hygienic
>purposes.  The best cocktail sticks for the lab are Canadian virgin wood.

>>>Anyone out there (preferably UK) recommend a good supplier of cocktail
>>>sticks? Safeway's...Sainsbury's..Tesco's...don't want to pay mega bucks
>>>for  FPLC purified ones shipped on dry ice!

Here's a UK response:

Woolworths sells 100 cocktail sticks for 59p, they are tested for colony
picking and pcr - by me ;).  I believe that cocktail sticks (i.e. for food
use) are NOT impregnated with disinfectant, although toothpicks (for exactly
that!) may well be.

--
Dr. David Winterbourne
Department of Surgery