30 Second Ice Cream (Was Re: Bailey's Irish Cream)

Louis Hom lhom at nature.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 6 20:16:12 EST 1996

In article <589vis$6cq$1 at oac2.hsc.uth.tmc.edu>,
Jennifer Philhower <sa83207 at odin.mdacc.tmc.edu> wrote:

> Apparently there is a way to make very tasty ice cream
>with a can of evaporated milk and some liquid mitrogen.
        This was discussed a little while back on sci.chem (maybe it's even
in the FAQ).  I think you start out with a regular batch of ice cream
mixture (milk, cream, eggs, sugar, flavoring...) and an equal(?) volume of
liquid nitrogen.  When you combine them, you supposedly get instant ice
cream.  I can't say I've tried it though . . .

Lou Hom >K '93
lhom at nature.berkeley.edu
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~lhom