Help Culture of QT-6 cells

Heather Etchevers etchever at lovelace.infobiogen.fr
Mon Dec 9 07:32:30 EST 1996

We use the same medium as you do - F10 with 5% FCS and 10% tryptose broth,
supplemented wqith pen/strep and glutamine. The cells are very healthy.
Two things I can think of - could your stock of serum be a bad lot?
Meaning, does it work for other cell types you are using in lab? Serum
is notoriously variable; try borrowing another lo  from another lab. The
other thing you said is that ythey are not "growing off the plate". If
you want them to form balls once they are becoming confluent, you must
not use tissue culture plastic but rather non-adherent Petri dishes. They
still manage to adhere but they also prefer to stick to aech other and
will make little pezrls which are convenient for transplant.

Heather