DNA extraction from polysaccharide-laden plant tissue

Michelle Gleeson michelle at MOLECULE.BIO.UTS.EDU.AU
Mon Dec 9 23:47:04 EST 1996

Hi Robert,

I sent a message direct to the first poster, but there is something wrong
with your address, so I am posting via the group.
You could try:
Dellaporta et al, 1983 Plant Molecular Biology Reporter Vol 1 No 4 p 19-21
" A Plant DNA Minipreparation Version II". I have used it successfully on
various citrus species for total nucleic acid extractions, and the lab I
got the paper from had been using it to extract from grapevines, which are
one of the toughest plants to get quality DNA from.  The method is
relatively fast and simple.

Good luck,

AATAGGCAATGGGCCCCATATAGGAACACAGAGCTGCATGCGTATTGCATGCCAGGCTATTCATTCCAGGGAAA
Michelle Gleeson
Molecular Parasitology Unit     Ph  (02)95144043
University of Technology        Fax (02)95144003
Sydney AUSTRALIA
michelle.gleeson at uts.edu.au
TTATCCGTTACCCGGGGTATATCCTTGTGTCTCGACGTACGCATAACGTACGGTCCGATAAGTAAGGTCCCTTT