gcg

Daniel.Marc marc at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Dec 10 08:30:41 EST 1996

MIcha Ron (michar at INDYCC1.AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL) wrote:
: Dear netters,

: I have a question about GCG software.  How do I create a new subset of
: sequences from an output of stringsearch.  I would like to do a fasta
: search with all the output sequences recieved from the stringsearch.

: Mark Band
: michar at indycc1.agri.huji.ac.il

If I were you, I would do the following:
1) Make  acopy of my stringsearch file
 2) Edit this file copy, such as to keep only the names of the sequences
found by stringsearch                                                           3)rename this new file (example:myfile.fil)
4) Begin a fasta search with a query sequence, and, when asked "fasta to
what sequence(s)?", answer : @myfile.fil. (Fasta will search the sequences
whose names are contained in myfile.fil.