Removing the lipid from the protein sample

Dooyeon Kim dykim at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Tue Dec 10 18:23:18 EST 1996

Hi, Netters. Please help me to remove the too much lipid in my samples.

I was trying to show the clear protein bands analyzed by SDS-PAGE with

my protein samples. The problem is because my sample contains the too

much lipids (it is the proteoliposomes),most of the bands are streaked

or pushed upwards. To remove the lipids, I tried to use the TCA-acetone

precipitation but could not get good results.

My question is

1. Is there good method to remove lipids from the proteins?

2. Does anyone know the best way to solubilize the proteins precipitated

by TCA and acetone ?(I suspect the the aggregated samples were not dissolved

by ADDing SDS-sample buffer and heating.)

Please help me.

KAIST, Daejon Korea.                     Dooyeon Kim ......................
                                         dykim at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr