How to wash glassware for using with mRNA experiment

nhwu at PUBLIC3.BTA.NET.CN nhwu at PUBLIC3.BTA.NET.CN
Wed Dec 11 10:36:47 EST 1996

Hello there:

Do you open the door of the oven right after baking? I thing when the cold
air meets the hot glasses, they will certainly be broken. Glasses, no
matter where they are produced ,can resist high temperature, if they are
heated evenly.

Toy

On 9 Dec 1996, chusj at u.washington.edu (Shi-Jye Chu) wrote:
>Hi Heather:
>
>    Thanks you for your excellent experience. Before this, I try to bake
>the glass jar  but all is broken. Do you know what company sell the glass
>jar that can tolerate the 200 C high temperature. I know the Pyrex had
>bottle can do this but they do not semm to sell glass jar.
>
>shi-jye chu
>
>On 9 Dec 1996, Heather Etchevers wrote:
>
>> We wash the glassware in a detgergent such as SDS 1 - 10% or similar to
>> denature the protein-based RNases. On the same principle, we then bake
>> all glassware in aluminum foil at 200 C for at least 2 hours to use with
>> gloves thereafter. After each hybridization manipulation the glass is
>> rebaked. Mostly we only use slide racks and jars; the calibrations on
>> new plastic cultureware are precise enough for making rinse solutions
and
>> the like, without worries of what might have impregnated the glass. We
then
>> keep separate bottles for proteinase K, for paraformaldehyde, etc.
although