quick hybidizations

Gary Kucera kucera~gt at glaxowellcome.com
Wed Dec 11 05:54:29 EST 1996

Heather Hanson wrote:

> I want to know if anyone has a formula similar to Clontech's expresshyb
> for nucleic acid hybridizations? Is it easy to make in house? thanx!
> Please include a short protocol. Please email response to me in addition
> to posting.

I have used the following QuickHyb solution (BRL's recipe)
for a long time with great success on colony blots and
southerns.  I typically do a 1 hr. prehyb followed by 2 hr.
hyb.  for colony blots.  Works great!

I hyb southerns a little longer, >4 hrs.

QuickHyb Recipe: I usually make up about 100mls then aliquot
into 10-12 ml tubes and freeze.

6x SSC

5x Denhardt's Solution

0.5% SDS