gcg

Clinton MacDonald cbbccm2 at tthsc6.lubb.ttuhsc.edu
Wed Dec 11 13:41:41 EST 1996

In article <58jom1$m8g at saphir.jouy.inra.fr>, marc at jouy.inra.fr
(Daniel.Marc) wrote:
>MIcha Ron (michar at INDYCC1.AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL) wrote:
>: I have a question about GCG software.  How do I create a new subset of
>: sequences from an output of stringsearch.  I would like to do a fasta
>: search with all the output sequences recieved from the stringsearch.
>
>: Mark Band
>: michar at indycc1.agri.huji.ac.il

An easier method is to use the command line option "/NAMES" when first
performing the STRINGSEARCH. This will adjust the output to a GCG readable
format. (Yet Another Cryptic GCG Command Line Option.)

   Good luck,
   Clint

\ Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald   \ cbbccm2 at tthsc6.lubb.ttuhsc.edu
 \ Cell Biology & Biochemistry\ 806/743-2703
  \ Texas Tech University      \ 806/743-2990 (FAX)
   \ Lubbock, TX 79430          \
    \ http://www.grad.ttuhsc.edu/Grad/macdonald/