Questions on the RNA extraction

REGCHAK at USTHK.UST.HK REGCHAK at USTHK.UST.HK
Wed Dec 11 08:12:33 EST 1996

Hi all,
     I did a total RNA extraction on plant tissue by using the Guanidinium
Method as usual.  However, when I finished all the preciptation and washing
step, I cann't dissolve all my suspected RNA pellet in the 400ul DEPC
treated water even under 65oC for half an hour. I am sure that 170mg leaves
should not cause such yield of RNA.  What's wrong in my RNA pellet?  And I
don't whether too dry of the pellet will cause the loss of the yield?

     Thanks you for any suggested answer.

Regina