EtBr Gel documentation systems-UVP

Dennis Summerbell d-summer at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Dec 11 06:23:36 EST 1996

In article <gs2-2911961638330001 at mje-mac3.welc.cam.ac.uk>,
gs2 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (Gordon Stott) wrote:

> Can anybody make any recommendations for gel documention systems suitable
> for Ethidium bromide stained gels? I know Kodak sell a system based around
> a digital camera, but thats about it. Any information regarding
> sensitivity etc would be most appreciated

We recently bought a UVP system. It takes pretty pictures but we also want
it for dowloading images onto our network for image analysis. This side of
it is giving us considerable problems, which UVP so far have been unable
to resolve. I would still put the system on your short list for a demo,
but don't buy it until they've shown that  they can fix the networking
bugs.

Dr D. Summerbell, NIMR, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA.

email: d-summer at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Tel: +181 959 3666 X2366
Fax: +181 913 8527