Using heterogenous genomic DNA fragments as probes in Southern Blots

patricia ohana pohana at leonardo.ls.huji.ac.il
Wed Dec 11 04:55:14 EST 1996

I have two questions.

1)I am trying to radiolabel genomic DNA fragments (heterogenous pool).
Using a standard oligolabel kit using random primers. Does anyone have
experience doing such a labeling, and how do you suggest optimizing the reaction conditions.

2) Does anyone have experience with long PCR using some of the new Taq Polymerases that
recently have become commercially available. I have a lambda gt11 clone whose insert is almost
impossible to visualize/identify, possibly due to loss of one of the EcoRI cloning sites.
My idea is to use the lambda gt11 universal primers, and my clone as the template.
Thanks
Patricia Ohana PhD.