Bailey's Irish Cream

Chia Jin Ngee mcblab47 at leonis.nus.sg
Wed Dec 11 03:06:36 EST 1996

Heather Etchevers (etchever at lovelace.infobiogen.fr) wrote:
: Re: lab bench ice cream

: An acquaintance of mine I met at a conference told me this too, that he
: had done it personally. Rather, he made lemon sorbet. So I was psyched
: and put together the recipe (lemonade essentially, with more lemon and more
: sugar). The principle is good - the faster you freeze, the smaller the
: ice crystals. But the problem was the recipient. I just went ahead and
: poured the liquid nitrogen on top - bad mistake - it boils and send s your
: sorbet all over the sink. What was left was okay but nothing fabulous. I guess
: you need to immerse a real container in your liquid N2 but technical tips
: would be appreciated.

: The same guy told me that he also made a helll of a souffle under vacuum
: over a hot plate, and that one egg yolk is enough emulsoifier to mke
: 23 quarts of mayonnaise. Perhaps I am gullible, but how nice if  true!

Maybe you would have better luck asking the fellas at rec.food.cooking :)
Maybe hunt the recipe archives for "lab foods".

--

Jin Ngee, Chia
(Genie, the OligoMan)
mcblab47 at leonis.nus.sg

Views and opinions expressed are solely mine and not of my employer's.
Any further grievances can be settled over a Virtua Fighter 3 match.