Bailey's Irish Cream

Chia Jin Ngee mcblab47 at
Wed Dec 11 03:06:36 EST 1996

Heather Etchevers (etchever at wrote:
: Re: lab bench ice cream

: An acquaintance of mine I met at a conference told me this too, that he
: had done it personally. Rather, he made lemon sorbet. So I was psyched
: and put together the recipe (lemonade essentially, with more lemon and more
: sugar). The principle is good - the faster you freeze, the smaller the
: ice crystals. But the problem was the recipient. I just went ahead and
: poured the liquid nitrogen on top - bad mistake - it boils and send s your
: sorbet all over the sink. What was left was okay but nothing fabulous. I guess
: you need to immerse a real container in your liquid N2 but technical tips
: would be appreciated.

: The same guy told me that he also made a helll of a souffle under vacuum
: over a hot plate, and that one egg yolk is enough emulsoifier to mke
: 23 quarts of mayonnaise. Perhaps I am gullible, but how nice if  true!

Maybe you would have better luck asking the fellas at :)
Maybe hunt the recipe archives for "lab foods".

Jin Ngee, Chia
(Genie, the OligoMan)
mcblab47 at

Views and opinions expressed are solely mine and not of my employer's.
Any further grievances can be settled over a Virtua Fighter 3 match.