Anomalous PCR product

The Great American Gene Company geneco at
Thu Dec 12 15:43:56 EST 1996

Dear Folks:

I was just contacted by a colleague with the following question.  It is
not my field of expertise, but I believe that it is similar to a topic
recently discussed here.  Can we have your comments and/or
observations?  Both Neal and I would greatly appreciate any help you
can provide.

Posted for Neal Cornell:
>        I have used an oligo for PCR which resulted in a major,
>product of 600 bp.  The same  600 bp product was generated when no
second primer >and no template DNA was put through the "PCR".  Do you
have any experience to >suggest what might be causing this?

Thank you kindly,
Michael T. MacDonell, Ph.D.
| "Stupidity is the basic building block of the Universe" |
|                                           -Frank Zappa  |