How long will labelled oligos last?

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 06:50:03 EST 1996

In article <NEWTNews.850423426.26885.mullen at SMALL3.jsei.ucla.edu>,
mullenlynne at jsei.ucla.edu writes
>hey use ABI dye-labeled oligosin PCR
>reactions for genotyping  on a Molecular Dynamics Fluorimager, and have never
>noticed a problem. So, since I had a Fluorimager, I tried it, and voila! There
>it was!
>       So now I'm just confused why a product specifically made for ABI workd
>better on another company's machine.

Could it be that the oligos really are going off but the Fluorimager is
more sensitive than an ABI 310 so fluorescence that is below the ABI
detection limit is picked up fine on the MD machine. Just a guess.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Dr. Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.