DDRT-PCR

Dr Alok Adholaya aloka at teri.ernet.in
Fri Dec 13 04:38:37 EST 1996

Dear Netters,

I would like to know if there are any ways of conforming the
differentially expressed clones isolated using Differentail display
PCR (DDRT-PCR) other than the standard Northern blot. I am using a
system where the availability of total RNA is a premium ( Not to
talk of Poly A RNA!!!). I am looking for ways and means to check
for the differential expressed nature of the clones where i would
not require large quantities of RNA.
Could anyone suggest me the refrences where RNASE Protection Assay
( RPA) has been used for conformation in leiu of Northern ?

CHEERS
ALOK

P.S :  I want to know the opinion of those of you who are
using/used  Silver staining  DNA sequencing system of Promega Corp
? Is it as sensitive and easy as made out to be ? Does it "really"
replace  the radioactive mess which we exopse ourself when we do
sequencing.

 Dr  Alok Adholeya     \\': | \\      // | :,\\': | \\
 Microbial Biotechnology   \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ | :,\\
 TATA Energy Res Inst,
 Habitat Pl, Lodi Rd, New Delhi, 110003 India
 FAX: +11-4621770/4632609