Protein sequencing ??!!

mac-biocomputing1user user at
Sat Dec 14 11:07:39 EST 1996

Daer Adrian....

	I suggest you to contact Mathias Mann (EMBL, Heidelberg -Germany), Who
by MALDI (matrix assisted laser dissorption-Mass Spect) or
nanoELectrospray Mass able to sequence even picograms (or
even lower ! If I remember well) of your differentially expressed
proteins...the idea is exactly the same of yours...despite I think his
group used 2D PAGE !

	Hope this could be helpfull
here is the home page of his group :

Mathias Mann e-mail: Mann at

Suggested reference: Mørtz, E., O. Vorm, M. Mann, P. Roepstorff (1994).
"Identification of Proteins in Polyacrylamide Gels by Mass Spectrometric
Peptide Mapping Combined with Database Search." Bio. Mass Spec., 23,

EMBL - European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Gene Expression Programme
Meyerhofstrasse 1
Postfach 10.2209
D-69012 Heidelberg