Protein sequencing ??!!

mac-biocomputing1user user at mac-biocomputing1.embl-heidelberg.de
Sat Dec 14 11:07:39 EST 1996

Daer Adrian....

	I suggest you to contact Mathias Mann (EMBL, Heidelberg -Germany), Who
by MALDI (matrix assisted laser dissorption-Mass Spect) or
nanoELectrospray Mass Spect...is able to sequence even picograms (or
even lower ! If I remember well) of your differentially expressed
proteins...the idea is exactly the same of yours...despite I think his
group used 2D PAGE !

	Hope this could be helpfull
PS:
here is the home page of his group :

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/ExternalInfo/ScientificProgrammes/Mann.html

Mathias Mann e-mail: Mann at EMBL-Heidelberg.de

Suggested reference: Mørtz, E., O. Vorm, M. Mann, P. Roepstorff (1994).
"Identification of Proteins in Polyacrylamide Gels by Mass Spectrometric
Peptide Mapping Combined with Database Search." Bio. Mass Spec., 23,
249-261.

DAVIDE CORONA
EMBL - European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Gene Expression Programme
Meyerhofstrasse 1
Postfach 10.2209
D-69012 Heidelberg
GERMANY
Phone:  +49 6221 356207 (home)
Phone:  +49 6221 387389 - 387490 (work)
Fax:    +49 6221 387518
E-mail: corona at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE
                *
               ***
              *****
             *******
            *********     BUON NATALE E FELICE ANNO NUOVO
          *************   MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
               ][

The Prophet Said: "Ugnu fuort...ugnu fuortere'...ugnu fuorteremo !"

                                                          (Marco
Breadwhite)