Why does in situ work with sense probes, too?

Julian Dow gbaa02 at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 12:16:55 EST 1996

My wife asked me to post and ask the big unanswered question about in
situs: why is is a generally acknowledged (but not widely published
 ;->) fact that for many genes, both sense and antisense probes give the
SAME, tissue-speicific, staining patterns?
Are there reverse transcripts, or what?
  Thanks!

 Dr Julian Dow - Molecular Genetics - Pontecorvo Building
 -   University of Glasgow   -   Glasgow G11 6NU   -   UK
 Phone: +44 (0)141 330 4616      FAX: +44 (0)141 330 5994
 Email:                           j.a.t.dow at bio.gla.ac.uk
 WWW:      http://www.mblab.gla.ac.uk/~julian/DowLab.html