Library Screening

Rajesh Kumar rk6n at VIRGINIA.EDU
Mon Dec 16 12:11:39 EST 1996

Hi Netters,

I am screening a genomic library made up in lambda ZapII vector. I want to
know the growth conditions so as to get 20 000 plaques per 150mm plate.
Right now I am following Maniatis (NZY plates, plaques are grown for 12h
at 37C), but I do not get more than 2 000 plaques (almost touching each
other) per plate. The size of my plaques is almost equal to a well grown
bacterial colony.
Any suggestions in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rajesh
Rajesh Kumar, Ph.D.				Phone : (804) 982 1662
Department of Cell Biology, Box 439		Fax   : (804) 982 3912
University of Virginia, School of Medicine
Charlottesville,Virginia 22908, USA       http://www.med.virginia.edu/~rk6n