Genebridge 4/chromosomal localisation.

Dr Donald Dunbar ddunbar at
Mon Dec 16 10:49:30 EST 1996

Dear all,
I have mapped a human genomic pcr product using the Genebridge 4
radiation-reduced hybrid panel. I put my data (ie positive or negative for each
cell line) through the Whitehead Institute "RHMAPPER" and received a result
that confirmed my earlier data using a monochromosomal hybrid panel. My problem
though is that the results do not give me a conventional chromosomal map
location (eg 1q13...), but rather give it with reference (ie cR from..) to a
previously mapped STS. Could someone tell me how to determine the map location
from this data? Thanks in advance,

Dr Donald Dunbar
Department of Pharmacology,
Organon Laboratories Ltd.,