Gel shifts: run them fast or slow?

Heinz-Juergen Schaefers h-j.schaefers at popHost.com
Mon Dec 16 18:52:54 EST 1996

John Pawlowski wrote:
[skip]
> A particular question I have is whether or not the gels should be run fast
> (approx 2 hours for 15 cm gel) or slow (overnight).

Hi!

I usually run the gelshifts at 21 mA for 30 min, then at 25 mA
for 2-3 hours (until the BPB band reaches the bottom of the gel.

bye
	Heinz J.
--
Dipl. Biol. Heinz-Juergen Schaefers
University of Erlangen, Med. IV, Nephrology Research Lab

Unsolicited mailings to FAX machines and computer systems are prohibited
under federal laws (47 USC 227) and provide for civil penalties and claims
of $500.00 per occurrence (47 USC 227[c]) may be assessed.
This applies to the addresses above.