Differential Display: best kit/primers?

Paul A Bucciaglia bucci001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Tue Dec 17 15:12:56 EST 1996

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to try DDRT-PCR and would like to get comments on good
or bad experiences with various kits.  It seems like the kits are a good
deal based on the cost to synthesize the primers, although Operon had a
set of primers-only that was considerably cheaper than complete kits.
I also recieved some info on kits from Clontech, Genomyx, and
GenHunter--any comments on these?

The Clontech kit used one primer (poly-T) for Rev. Txn.,  which cut down
the number of reactions, while the other kits needed 4 separate Rev. txn
reactions.

Again, any feedback on these or other kits would be appreciated.

TIA,

Paul B.