RNAse showing up in gel after plasmid miniprep

"Marianne Leverone ", BIO leverone at CHUMA.CAS.USF.EDU
Tue Dec 17 11:02:26 EST 1996

Hi Group!  When we run plasmid minipreps (alkaline lysis), we add RNAse
after the white protein/DNA junk has been pelleted and removed from the
neutralization step.  After a 30 min incubation, the plasmid is then ppt
with isopropanol and 70% etOH washed and dried and resuspended in water.
Then a gel is run to check for complete RNA removal.  Some of our labgroup
people are having trouble getting rid of the RNase becasue it shows up as
a band (around the 0.5 kb marker) and we have now run enough controls
and other tests and have determined that the band is RNase.  ANyone else
have this problem and how did you solve it?  Thanks.  Marianne