Transfer of large proteins (>500 kD) to nitrocellulose. How?

Gunther Rezniczek gr at abc.univie.ac.at
Thu Dec 19 12:37:07 EST 1996

Dear collegues:

For some time now I have - unsuccessfully - tried to
transfer large proteins (MW range 500-700 kDa) from SDS-PAGE
gels (4.5%) onto nitrocellulose membranes.
I have tried semi-dry and wet blotting procedures with
varying buffer and current conditions.

Has anybody succeed in transfer of such large proteins?
Any ideas, suggestions or complete protocols?

Many thanks in advance,

Gunther Rezniczek
Diploma Student
Dept. Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology
University of Vienna
Austria

PS:  I would appreciate if persons replying to this
questions would also send a copy to me at
gr at abc.univie.ac.at