Questions on the RNA extraction

Alexandre Noël anoel at eliot.unil.ch
Thu Dec 19 04:40:33 EST 1996

Hi Regina,

I had this kind of problem. I decided to stop drying the pellet after
the washing step. I simply remove as much ethanol as possible (incl.
on the walls of the tube) using a pipette tip linked to a vacuum, and
resuspend in the DEPC water right after. And it works VERY well.
To assertain a good dissolution, I generally include a 10-15 min
heating at 65°C. Try it, you'll love it!
I have also discovered that a -70°C freezing followed by the heating
step can help to dissolve "nasty" pellets.

Regards,

AN