How to dissolve NBT and BCIP ---> not in DMFA !

lina at PUBMS.PKU.EDU.CN lina at PUBMS.PKU.EDU.CN
Thu Dec 19 04:08:53 EST 1996

 In article <199612162014.NAA12435 at NMSU.Edu>, hroychow at NMSU.EDU says...

> >>I try to dissolve NBT and BCIP in  dimethylformamide to detect alkaline
> >>phosphatase activity. They just don't want to go into the solution. How do
> >>you do? Need quick responses. Thanks a lot.
>
> >The usual conc. for those two is 50mg/mL. NBT should dissolve in 70% DMFA and BCIP in 100% DMFA
> at that conc. You may filter both through membrane filters
> >
> >Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury

 As for the NBT, 70% DMFA works well. And please check the label of your
BCIP, if it's p-Toluidine salt, it should be soluble in 100% DMFA; but if
it is disodium salt, it's insoluble in DMFA, so I think you must use
water.
 Hope it help.

Li Na
College of Life Sciences