Micronuclei Staining

Cell.Morphology at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de Cell.Morphology at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Dec 19 12:35:54 EST 1996

Hi, Jaren

Jared Head wrote:

>      line. Has anyone any explanations? Also can anyone suggest how I can
>      view these samples - is there any other stain I can use (particularly
>      one that differentiates btween cytoplasm and nuclei). I have tried
>      Giemsa and it is no use as I can't distinguish groups of mononucleate
>      cells from those that are binucleate.
> There are a lot of staining Methods. Try Feulgen, it's DNA-specific and
won't stain anything else. If you want to see the plasma too,
counterstain with fastgreen at neutral pH after Feulgen treatment.
You may also differenciate between DNA and RNA with Methylgreen-Pyronine,
but you would need to adapt the protocol for your purposes.

If this isn't hint enough, send me an e-mail at
Ralf.Breuker at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de and I'll post you some sides from my
"cooking-book"...

Best wishes,
peaceful christmas