RNA STAINING

natldiagnos at mindspring.com natldiagnos at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 19 03:26:47 EST 1996

On 19 December, Vijay Teri wrote:

Hi There!!!

I am a graduate student doing my work on a fungal system. Recently
i became curious in knowing about detection of presence of RNA in
quiescent fungal spore which i am working on. Could you tell me
some good stains/staining techniques for RNA detection.
I guess Pyronin Y does stain for RNA, i don't know how to go about
using it. If there is more to the list of stains well please tell
me

Regards and thanks a lot

VIJAY
TERI,NEW DELHI < INDIA >

Teri,

Try to contact Molecular Probes (I have no affiliation). They have one
of the most comprehensive set of stains on the planet, specific for a
variety of intracellular organelles, proteins, DNA, RNA, etc.....

Molecular Probes, Inc.
4849 Pitchford Avenue
Eugene, OR  97402-9165
USA
Phone: (541) 465-8300 or for tech service, (541) 465-8353
FAX:   (541) 344-6504
Email: tech at probes.com  (for technical service)

Molecular Probes Europe BV
PoortGebouw, Ringsburgerweg 10
2333 AA Leiden, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-71-5233378 or for tech service, +31-71-5233431
FAX:   +31-71-5233419
email: eurotech at probes.nl  (for technical service)

Hope this proves useful

Sincerely,

Hank Daum, III
Marketing Manager & Technical Service Director
National Diagnostics, Inc.
305 Patton Drive
Atlanta, GA  30336
404-699-2121