DYNAL BEADS

Gene Huh gshuh at garnet.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 19 16:34:58 EST 1996

In article <59bfjl$5le at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Dr Alok Adholaya
<aloka at teri.ernet.in> wrote:

# Dear Netters,
#
# I am very keen on sharing views of people who have used oligo
# dT-magnetic beads from Dynal corp, for making solid phase cDNA
# library. I am specifically intrested in its use in PCR, storage and
# its recycling.  I came across a paper in Anal Biochem,where the use
# of dynal beads was done. But good tips and practical experience
# would be great help.
#
# I am buying the Polytract kit whcih uses the
# streptavidin magnetic beads, but just a casual enquiry to the
# Promega, i came with a startling conclusion, the beads are not
# stable at/above  65 C.  So the making of solid phase cDNA library
# is ruled out.
#
# Could anyone tell me how to contact the Dynal corp, there email
# just does not seem to elicit any response from those guys.
#
# CHEERS
#
# ALOK
#
#                      \\  // \\          // \\  // \\
#  Dr  Alok Adholeya     \\': | \\      // | :,\\': | \\
#  Fellow                   \ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | | \\
#  Microbial Biotechnology   \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ | :,\\
#  TATA Energy Res Inst,
#  Habitat Pl, Lodi Rd, New Delhi, 110003 India
#  FAX: +11-4621770/4632609

Would you be kind enough to provide that reference?  I am trying to use
Oligotex at the moment for a similar reason, but the beads are sometimes
difficult to recover quantitatively by centrifugation as they sometimes
don't make a nice tight pellet, even in siliconized tubes.  Seems to me
that magneto-tech may allow better recovery after procedures that involve
extensive washing.
Thanks in advance,

Gene Huh

--