Plasmid contamination from pipettors

Marieke R. Koedood Zhao rkoedood at
Fri Dec 20 14:27:27 EST 1996

Our solution to have a pipet set locked up in a drawer that is
dedicated to preparing PCR reagents and setting up PCR reactions.

Or use someone's pipettors that does not work on the stuff you
do (next door lab eg.)

Michael W. Thompson (mthom0 at wrote:
: Does anyone out there know of a good procedure to decontaminate
: pipettor barrels for use in RT-PCR experiments and likewise?  A big
: problem in our lab is that since we have been working so extensively
: with specific cDNAs, when we try to run an experiment such as RT-PCR
: which is sensitive to contamination, there are multiple bands in all
: samples.
: 	Anyone?

: Michael Thompson
: Dept. of Biochemistry