Neomycin resistance

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Fri Dec 20 15:21:50 EST 1996

In article <slrn5ble5g.jbo.aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu>,
aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu says...

>On Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:03:26 -0800, LABO DE BIOCHIMIE
<lbmc at sciences.univ-metz.fr> wrote:

Yes, I can confirm that transformation of bacteria with pCI-neo
does not confer kan resistance so I assume any prokaryotic promoter
has been removed.  This is in contrast to eg. pSV2neo which confers
kan resistance in bacteria and G418 resistance in eukaryotic cells.
(Stratagene's pBK-CMV does the same).
	I hope that this helps.
		Bernard

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.