RNAse showing up in gel after plasmid miniprep

George Rutherford gruther at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Mon Dec 23 12:39:08 EST 1996

/--------------------------/*
pnh at ncifcrf.gov |*

> But RNA runs well below the 0.5kb marker band, doesn't it? If I recall
right, the band Marianne originally wrote about is at 0.5kb. Although, I
have to admit, I have never seen RNase band in any of my gels (and I have
run thousands by now)!!

Ladies and gentlemen,

Do the experiment. Equivalent amount of RNase with no DNA. Miniprep DNA
with no RNase. Personally, I think the 0.5kb stuff is almost certainly
RNA, but one nevers knows, I suppose.

George