?? Kinetics Software - Post

David Goldenberg goldenberg at bioscience.utah.edu
Tue Dec 24 11:00:33 EST 1996

In article <32BF3C94.4319 at cam.org>, Achim Recktenwald <achim at cam.org> wrote:

> > Charlie Schick wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This is a tad specialized. I was interested in the software that
people use
> > > to process (fit) their data for enzyme kinetic analysis (from linear
> > > velocity calculation to non-linear regression).  A survey of an enzyme
> > > mailing list revealed the top program was a PC-only program.  When I spoke
> > > to the author he said:
> > > ---
> > > What would it take to get a Mac version [of Grafit]?
> > >
> [snip]
>

> If you have a PowerMac, buy Softwindows and run GraFit under this
> emulator. I am doing it at work, where I have to deal with a
> Mac-environment. It's not perfect (mostly slow), but works.
>
> Achim

You could also try KaleidaGraph for the Macintosh.  (A PC version is also
available.)  I'm not sure exactly how KaleidaGraph and Grafit would
compare, but I have used KaleidaGraph for all sorts of data analysis,
including non-linear least-squares fits.  While KaleidaGraph has its
quirks, like any program, it is very powerful and fast. I believe that the
producers of KaleidaGraph, Synergy Software, has a Web site from which you
can download a demo.

--
David P. Goldenberg
Department of Biology

Temporary address:
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Harvard Medical School
Boston, MA