DNA software

Dr. J.P. Clewley jclewley at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 11:47:05 EST 1996

dlfeinstein wrote:

>I am looking for a program (for mac or windows) that will allow me to
determine annealing temps for simple DNA:DNA hybrids.However, what I
need to do is to be able to detremine the effects of mutations on the
Tm, e.g. single or double mismatches, different distances betwen two
mistmatches, the effect of a single or double base insertion. Any good
reference on basic annelaing temp theory would be extremely useful

I've used PrimerSelect in Lasergene from DNAStar to do something
like this for the interactions of mismatched primers and their

Jon Clewley