DNA software

Dr. J.P. Clewley jclewley at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 11:47:05 EST 1996

dlfeinstein wrote:

>I am looking for a program (for mac or windows) that will allow me to
determine annealing temps for simple DNA:DNA hybrids.However, what I
need to do is to be able to detremine the effects of mutations on the
Tm, e.g. single or double mismatches, different distances betwen two
mistmatches, the effect of a single or double base insertion. Any good
reference on basic annelaing temp theory would be extremely useful

Reply:

I've used PrimerSelect in Lasergene from DNAStar to do something
like this for the interactions of mismatched primers and their
templates.

Jon Clewley