HELP:BBWV cDNA library

unglee unglee at life.postech.ac.kr
Wed Dec 18 08:14:13 EST 1996

Marry christmas Netters

    I am constructing a cDNA library from 100ng of  viral genomic
RNAs (Broad bean wilt virus ; BBWV) with two types of cDNA synthesis
kit (produced by Phamacia, Stratagene). I use random hexamer and Oligo
(dt) as primers, because genomic structures of BBWV are not reported
yet, specific primers are not available.

   But even first-stranded cDNA was not synthesized from viral RNA
templates.

    I am looking for ways and means to synthesize the first cDNA from
viral RNA templates. I think that secondary structures of viral RNAs
inhibit the extension of the primers.

   Any suggestions in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks much.
unglee

email:unglee at life.postech.ac.kr