removing e.coli non-specific activity from antisera

sharmaa at acsu.buffalo.edu sharmaa at acsu.buffalo.edu
Tue Dec 31 02:30:43 EST 1996

DAVID PULFORD wrote:

> Hi,  I'm looking for a rapid technique I might employ for removing
> background non-specific activity from rabbit sera to E.coli proteins to
> screen a fusion protein library. I've tried psuedoscreening with wildtype
> bacteria on filters but have found it laborious and expensive in time and
> materials.  I read a method recently that employed formalised bacteria that
> was robust and quick but cannot find the reference again. Can anybody help
> with ideas or a citation of this method.  Thanks.
>
> dave p

Dave, I don't know which article you are looking for but a protocol
that utilizes a similar approach to adsorb out non-specific antibodies
to E.coli proteins appeared in Biotechniques vol 19 No.1 (1995).  I
used this procedure quite successfully to screen expresion libbaries.
Good Luck and Happy New Year.
--
Name: Ashu Sharma
Tel: (716) 829-3518