Promega Wiz Preps increase yield

Elke egreif at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 1 14:34:33 EST 1996

There is no doubt that the consensus is that Wizard Preps do no work as
well as Magic Preps did. They can work as well sometimes but not on a
consistent basis.

Two things I discovered by accident (but make sense) that increased my
yield are;

1) After adding the purification resin and mixing let the DNA bind for 2-5
minutes (similar to GeneClean). Don't go load onto the mini-column right
away.

2) Elute with heated water/buffer (65 degrees) as suggested by Promega,
but let the buffer sit on the resin for 2-5 minutes (Promega suggests 1
minute).

I found this last point increased my yields significantly

DAB
dboyd at ccu.umanitoba.ca

--
Hey, hey, hey, hey! It was the DNA.
Hey, hey, hey, hey! That made me this way.