Bioventures

Gary K. gtk10583 at glaxo.com
Fri Feb 2 08:20:26 EST 1996

In article <4esjlp$sg5 at sci3.sri.ucl.ac.be>, Moulliard Charles
<moulliard at mbla.ucl.ac.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I should greatly appreciate if someone could send me information on Gene
> Releaser of Bioventures. What is the composition of Gene Releaser? The
> product is available in Europe or not?
>
> Yous could send directly the answer to: moulliard at mbla.ucl.ac.be
>
> Charles Moulliard

Charles,

Gene Releaser is an anionic resin that binds various inhibitors of Taq
polymerase (see ref. Gwaltney, et al 1994.  J. Veterinary Diagnostics.
Vol. 6 No. 3 pp. 321-325).  A very similar compound, if not identical, is
Chelex 100 (see Biotechniques 10:4, 1991.  pp.506-513) available from Bio
Rad Labs.  Cat# 143-2832.

BioVentures, Inc.
848 Scott St.
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
USA
Tel. 615-896-7353

I have no affiliation with the above mentioned companies or their products.

Good luck,
Gary