Digestion of Core Protein

nc26 at wwa.com nc26 at wwa.com
Fri Feb 2 20:03:22 EST 1996

Had anyone had any experiences with enzymatic and/or chemical cleavage of core protein? I've been attempting to digest HBV
core protein with tryspin in 1M urea with little success.  My digestion have resulted in fragments that are only partial cleave.  I've
gone as high as a 1:3 protein:enzyme ratio without any effect.  I would appreciate any help, especially from anyone who had
previous experiences with digestion of core protein.  Thanks in advance.