anti CAT antibody???

helix.nih.gov helix.nih.gov
Fri Feb 2 09:16:46 EST 1996

In article <4era2b$atp at netnews.upenn.edu>, gdoerre at mail1.sas.upenn.edu
(Geoffrey Doerre) wrote:

> i need an antibody to chloramphenicol acetyltransferase, to look at the
> spatial distribution pattern of my reporter gene expression in the
> context of a whole mount embryo.  but i'm having trouble finding a
> commercial source.
>
> so far i've looked at biodesign, santa cruz, the binding site, and
> sigma.  no luck.  does anyone have any other ideas?  if you could, please
> email any response, 'cause i don't get on the usenet too often.  thanks,
>
>                                                 ______________________________
> geoff                                           Geoffrey Doerre
>                                                 Molecular Biology Grad
>                                                 University of Pennsylvania
>                                                 (215)898-2640/FAX(215)573-2104

Hi Geoff,

The best source of CAT antibody I've found is from 5'-3' in Boulder, CO.,
catalogue # 7-310127. It works pretty well on fixed, cultured primary
cells but seems to require a fairly robust promoter to see results. We
haven't tried it on sections but I suppose that the above caveat applies
even more. Hope this helps and happy staining!

Steve
sscherer at helix.nih.gov