Restriction enzyme digestion problem

S.L. Rennie rennie at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca
Mon Feb 5 17:17:52 EST 1996

In article <31110920.2809 at leland.stanford.edu>, Robert Slany
<rslany at leland.stanford.edu> wrote:

> snip
I'd like
> to know if anybody else has encountered problems with  particular enzymes
> from one company or the other.
> In short: Where do you buy your enzymes?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Robert
> --
> Robert Slany, Dept. of Pathology, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford
> University
> 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA, 94305, USA, Phone:001-415-725-5696,
> Fax: 001-415-725-6902,
> rslany at leland.stanford.edu

Hi Robert,
   We had a problem with an enzyme from NEB once and they had to replace it
(bad batch?)  Generally we buy from NEB or Gibco-BRL.  The main factor for
us has been price more than quality - - though rumour has it that
Pharmacia enzymes aren't of the best quality (I've never had problems with
them??)

Sharon