what's an easy way to look for cell death?

Desok Kim dkim at med.unc.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:14:31 EST 1996

In article <4erchf$e00 at news1.usa.pipeline.com>,
   yo_doc at usa.pipeline.com(Richard A. Lockshin) wrote:
>Or, God forbid, read the original reference 
>1. Gavrieli, Y., Sherman, Y., and Ben-Sasson, S.A. Identification of
>programmed cell death in situ via specific labeling of nuclear DNA
>fragmentation. Journal of Cell Biology 119:493-501, 1992. 

Dear Colleague,
I did not get the original post but this may help.
Oncor has a product named ApopTag which uses a FITC tag for apoptosis and
propidium iodide for intact nuclei. You need a FITC filter set and a rhodamine 
filter set for fluorescence microscopy. 

Desok Kim, PhD                           Phone:919-966-2574
Post Doctoral Research Associate         Fax  :919-966-5722
Urology/Surgery                          email:dkim at med.unc.edu
UNC School of Medicine
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7235, USA

More information about the Methods mailing list