cDNA synthesis from total RNA

CHISHOLM at BCRSSU.AGR.CA CHISHOLM at BCRSSU.AGR.CA
Tue Feb 6 17:27:48 EST 1996

Has anyone had any success using oligo(dT) with total RNA to synthesize
cDNA strands? I am trying to prepare a cDNA library from fruit tissue.
I extract total RNA and then isolate the polyA+ fraction using an
oligo dT column. The separation doesn't appear to be that good as indicated
by the signals I see on a northern blot of the polyA+ fraction. My starting
material (total RNA) gives very strong signals. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
J Chisholm